It’s flu season which means that you or your family will need to check in with your family doctor more frequently than usual.
And if you don’t have medical cover, an unforseen trip to the doctor can set you back between R300 to R500 per consultation. And this doesn't include the price of medication.
That’s where GetSavvi Health comes in handy because we’ll pay for your family’s consultations so that they only need to focus on getting better.
Why it’s important to regularly see your GP:
- By regularly visiting your GP, you build a relationship with them. This builds trust and you’ll be more open to sharing personal information with your physician. It also helps your doctor provide better diagnoses and treatment.
- Seeing your GP is the first step in getting treatment. If you’re able to see your doctor sooner, you could potentially stop your illness from spreading or progressing into something more serious. For example, by treating the common cold or flu, you can prevent a secondary infection like pneumonia or bronchitis.
- By having regular screenings and tests done by your doctor like blood pressure tests, potential threats can be picked up before they become more serious.
Who will benefit from GetSavvi Health:
- Those who are strapped for cash and need to see a doctor: GetSavvi Health offers unlimited doctors’ visits when you choose a GP from our network list. This means that you won’t have to worry about paying any money upfront to see a doctor.
- People who need to sit in long queues to see a health professional: GetSavvi Health members don’t need to sit in long queues or wait at government facilities to see a doctor or nurse. All members have access to a private doctor in their area.
- Medical aid members who don’t have enough day-to-day cover: Many healthcare plans don’t cater for day-to-day benefits such as GP visits. That’s why GetSavvi Health is a great supplement for people who have medical aid but would like more cover.
- People who don’t have money to pay for medication: GetSavvi Health covers medication (subject to our medicine formulary) prescribed by a non-dispensing GP or Medirite or Clicks pharmacy.
Join GetSavvi Health for peace of mind
If you’d like to have the freedom of visiting your GP without having to pay a consultation fee every time, click here and fill in your details and a GetSavvi Health consultant will follow up.